Saturday, July 28, 2007

Two Poems, Zero Titles.

At all times the very ground
only to find an emotion
that moment, fix
to an ordinary life
how the hair curls round
the ear. Fixating on
loving many people without
pauses between, discord
writing verse, a woman
a while ago. All who
settle in. Self-aware,
of a fashion, having
an ordinary life, passing
judgment does not will
genius to die. A find
I am of the same stuff,
humility, Remedios,
Emmylou, humble and
placed so I admire vaguely
a bargaining self such
in the pauses between.


Under that mire of hair she
kept proving. I tossed a line
and she tossed it back, swam in,
her butt keeping buoyancy checked,
I realized. Then I insisted
it wasn’t the shoreline of
café culture. Just she wanted
to rest her feet. Doesn’t even
like coffee. Would I chivvy.
Renting bikes was no option.
On foot we were evened,
but her pack held more rations.
Asking was hard. I asked.
She held out a brandy truffle.
I wintered under the short share,
turned in my least concern. I
care for the scaffolding, rib
the underpinning, stanchion, stay.

No comments: