Thursday, May 24, 2007

Anna Fulford and I Perform an Emotional Investigation of Hybridization


Because you would not check me, check
And mate, I have taken it upon my self, my
Self and mate. At cross purposes, at a
Simple cross roads somewhere
Etherly between a hare lip lean
Teaser and a mean son of a

Because you would not make me
Untrumpeted, unseen, I am no longer your
No longer lounging in the doorway
No longer found upon your parquet
Yours, Basset Bunny


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

There is an untrained way of assuming same genus.
Tractus: dragging, drawing, pulling. Traits protrude.
Tug these. There is a dare in it and I must be brave
to suggest it. If I am usually two feet off the ground,
today I can feel the raspy bits of upper-sky.
I am characteristically indifferent to mingling. But this
is different. Confront me with a mule. Pit me against a liger.
I’ll swallow them all, master their marks, make it cute.



No comments: